QUICK HEAL TRADEMARK USAGE GUIDELINES
The trademarks, service marks and logos (“Trademarks”) of Quick Heal Technologies Limited (“Quick Heal”), formerly known as Quick Heal Technologies Private Limited, represent intellectual property rights owned by Quick Heal and as such are the valued assets of Quick Heal. These Trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, must be used in accordance with these Trademark Usage Guidelines (“Guidelines”). Quick Heal asks that you assist us in protecting our brand by following these Guidelines. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these Guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise.
You are presumed to have read and you shall be bound to follow these Trademark usage guidelines when you directly or indirectly deal, use, sell, and distribute Quick Heal range of products.
These Guidelines are for Quick Heal licensees, authorized resellers, partners, and other third parties interested in using Quick Heal’s trademarks, service marks or trade names (collectively “Quick Heal Trademark(s)”). If you are a licensee of a Quick Heal Trademark, the agreement that you signed with Quick Heal may contain specific usage guidelines that differ from those contained within these Guidelines, and in such case you should follow those specific guidelines provided within such agreement. If you are a licensee, but have been provided no special guidelines, then follow these guidelines.
By using any Quick Heal Trademarks, you are acknowledging that Quick Heal is the sole owner of the Quick Heal Trademarks and agreeing not to interfere with Quick Heal’s rights in the trademark, including challenging Quick Heal’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademarks.
INFORMATION ON QUICK HEAL TRADEMARKS:
Quick Heal Trademarks, whether registered or unregistered, are in various forms and include words, logos, designs, slogans, colors, product shapes, product packaging, and sounds. Most of the Quick Heal Trademarks are primarily identified by the names of “Quick Heal”, “Seqrite” and “Guardian”. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the names identifying Quick Heal Trademarks are updated from time to time, without notice and the omission of a Quick Heal Trademark hereunder does not represent any waiver of intellectual property rights of Quick Heal in or to such trademark.
PROHIBITED USES OF QUICK HEAL TRADEMARKS:
While referring to Quick Heal products, use the applicable associated trademark and ensure that such references are truthful, fair, and not misleading; and comply with these Guidelines. The use of Quick Heal Trademark in the following manner is prohibited:
- Registration, incorporation or use of Quick Heal Trademarks in any jurisdiction into your own product names, service names, trademarks, logos or company names.
- Registration or using a domain name or social media handle or presence that incorporates any Quick Heal Trademark.
- Use of Quick Heal Trademarks in connection with any online advertising service.
- Use of Quick Heal Trademarks in connection with your goods or services in a manner that suggests Quick Heal is the source of, or otherwise approves of or is connected with, your goods or services, when no such express source, approval, or connection exists.
- Use of Quick Heal Trademarks which misleads and implies any relationship with, or endorsement or sponsorship by Quick Heal that is not true.
- Adoption of marks or logos that are confusingly similar to Quick Heal Trademarks.
- Harm, misuse or bring into disrepute any Quick Heal Trademarks.
- Use of Quick Heal Trademarks in metatags, search fields, hidden text or any other form that has the purpose of or effect of diverting or confusing customers.
- Use of Quick Heal Trademarks where you do not provide trademark attribution notice specifying that Quick Heal is the owner of its trademarks.
- Use of Quick Heal Trademarks without a license, or express written consent from Quick Heal authorizing such use.
PROPER USAGE OF QUICK HEAL TRADEMARKS:
In order to ensure continued protection of Quick Heal Trademarks and assist customers who depend upon Quick Heal’s Trademarks, the proper usage of Quick Heal Trademarks is highly important. All authorized parties must comply with the following whenever they use Quick Heal Trademarks:
- The Quick Heal Trademark must always be: (i) used as an adjective, accompanied by an appropriate noun; (ii) used with proper spelling and proper trademark symbol; (iii) used in superscript format or parentheses whenever trademark symbol is used; and (iv) used in the way they were intended to be used.
- The Quick Heal Trademark must not be: (i) used as a noun; (ii) pluralized or made possessive; (iii) combined with other words, symbols or numbers, either as one word or with a hyphen; (iv) abbreviated; (v) used for products or services for which they were not originally intended; and (vi) altered in any way.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF QUICK HEAL TRADEMARKS:
All marketing collateral, advertisements, product packaging, webpages, manuals, and studies that include Quick Heal Trademark also must include the proper trademark attribution statement crediting ownership of the trademarks to Quick Heal Trademark. Typically, the attribution statement is displayed at the end of the material, in the footer of the document, or on the back of the package. The correct trademark attribution statement depends on which trademarks were used in the collateral.
USAGE RULES FOR QUICK HEAL AS A TRADE NAME:
“Quick Heal” is not only a trademark used to identify Quick Heal’s products; it also serves as Quick Heal’s company name. Therefore, the word “Quick Heal” is generally used in two different ways: (i) as a trade name to identify Quick Heal Technologies Limited, the company; or (ii) as a trademark to identify its various products. “Quick Heal” is used as a trade name when Quick Heal Technologies Limited, the company is taking some action or referenced as having some attribute. When referenced as a trade name, there is no need to include a trademark symbol after “Quick Heal”. “Quick Heal” is used as a trademark when Quick Heal is an adjective used as a brand name for its products. When referenced as a trademark, include the proper trademark symbol after “Quick Heal”.
REPORTING MISUSE OF QUICK HEAL TRADEMARKS:
If you learn of any uses of any logos, icons or images that are confusingly similar to Quick Heal Trademarks, please notify Quick Heal by sending an email to email@example.com. Similarly, if you become aware of any use of a Quick Heal Trademark that violates any of the rules described above, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If possible, please provide a copy of the trademark violation.
These guidelines are subject to change without notice.